Planning for Fedora Elections

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:27:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 11:11:24AM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> Due to a late nomination, after the 29 May deadline noted above (even
> accounting for time zones), Robert Scheck has been removed from
> consideration for FESCo.  Robert is a valued member of the Fedora
> community. I have no doubt he would serve well on FESCo, and hope he
> will consider running again in the next election cycle.

Although this is unfortunate, there's a fairly reasonable expectation
around elections that they be equitable to all nominees.  Adhering to
the deadline, which was published here, on the wiki, and on the Planet
several times, helps us avoid any appearance of bias.  With a process
that happens twice a year, at least there's not long to wait for the
next iteration.