Planning for Fedora Elections

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Tue Jun 2 16:11:24 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 01:35:06PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> The Board has 3 elected seats open.
> FESCo has 5 elected seats open.
>
> These are the only two elections I am aware we will run.
>
> In addition, with no objections raised so far, the Board discussed on
> today's call adjusting the schedule, such that it completes within 30
> days of the release of Fedora 11.  The 4 weeks I had allowed for
> nominations was also considered excessive.  As such, the new schedule
> will be:
>
> * Nominations are open from 15 May through 29 May. Individuals
>   may provide questions they would like candidates to answer.
> * IRC Town Hall-style discussions with candidates for the various
>   positions will be arranged for 31 May through 6 June. Candidates
>   will be given a set of written questions suggested above, to
>   answer by public email if they wish.
> * The elections will take place 7 June through 22 June.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Elections

Due to a late nomination, after the 29 May deadline noted above (even
accounting for time zones), Robert Scheck has been removed from
consideration for FESCo.  Robert is a valued member of the Fedora
community. I have no doubt he would serve well on FESCo, and hope he
will consider running again in the next election cycle.

Thanks,
Matt