changing content licenses (OPL => CC BY SA)

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Thu Jun 25 11:31:46 UTC 2009

----- "Robert 'Bob' Jensen" <bob at fedoraunity.org> wrote:
> Does anyone remember why "CC BY SA" was not chosen over the OPL when
> we went through all this a few years ago? Is this just all part of the
> Creative Commons marketing effort? An effort that is failing for me,
> the idea of a "CC" license is diluted and confused by all the
> different options. It seems today everyone has to have a (CC) license,
> soon to become the "Members Only" jacket of the early 80's?

I guess my question was, is this change for the sake of change? Nothing gained from how I read Richard's comment.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |