changing content licenses (OPL => CC BY SA)

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Thu Jun 25 19:49:40 UTC 2009

----- "Karsten Wade" <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:

> My understanding when we did this last time was, "Since we are going
> to simultaneously get all of these people to sign the CLA, we now
> have
> a tool (hammer) that prevents us from having to ask permission if we
> need to relicense in the future."  As such, it hadn't occurred to me
> until Spot specified that we might have to get individual approval or
> remove the contribution.
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure I recall having to remove wiki content, thank
> goodness.  IIRC, everyone who had wiki edit rights signed the CLA.
> The one exception was an author who worked on a stand-alone guide
> (Jargon Buster), who did not want to relicense nor sign the CLA, and
> his content was removed.

As I remember it there were a couple other items that were removed by their authors before they gave up their respective wiki accounts.

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |