requesting a trademark license for our community

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Mar 2 18:01:53 UTC 2009

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 11:17:38PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>>> The short answer is no. Believe me, we have been trying very hard for
>>> some time now to try to find a way around these restrictions, but there
>>> really is not one.
>> I assume you already though about this but since the board discussions on
>> this topic has been confidential (I would assume for good reasons), is
>> <subdomain>.fedoracommunity.org allowed for a US embargoed country?
>
> I don't think so; providing a service like that is probably a business
> transaction in the eyes of the law.  This is not a pleasant situation
> to be in, because I don't think anyone wants to discourage any part of
> our global community.

Along the same lines, wouldn't enabling a L10N community be considered a
  business transaction as well? How about even allowing Fedora accounts?
Can we link to http://www.fedoraproject.ir/?

We do have active contributors from these places and we need to be very
explicit on what we can or cannot allow.

Rahul