Community domain request

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:17:47 UTC 2009

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 06:04:44PM +0800, Engels Antonio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Engels Antonio. Aside from being a Fedora Ambassador, I am also
> responsible for managing the hosts of the Fedora community in the
> Philippines.
>
> Our online community resources are currently being hosted gratis by
> Bluepoint Foundation at http://fedora.bluepoint.com.ph/
>
> It has since been renamed to http://fp.bluepoint.com.ph/ to avoid problems
> related to the unauthorized use of the word fedora.
>
> We established this community in order to bring together Filipinos
> interested in Fedora.
>
> Being an archipelago, the Philippines has many languages and dialects.
> Even if majority understand English, this diversity prevents most
> Filipinos from participating in the main Fedora Project site.
>
> We hope to use our community as a training ground for future Fedora
> Project members, and as a facility to coordinate local Fedora events.
>
> Our initial plan was to register fedora.ph in order to give our community
> a domain separate from Bluepoint's. We were pleased to know that a
> pre-purchased domain option is now available.
>
> In behalf of the Philippine Fedora community, I would like to request for
> a local community domain i.e. ph.fedoracommunity.org or whatever the board
> deems fit.
>
> Thank you for your time. We look forward to your favorable reply.

Hi Engels,

Thank you very much for looking at our local community domain
process.  I'm happy to add this to the Board's agenda for today's IRC
meeting, which is happening at 1900 UTC.  You can read details on how
to attend our meeting, if you'd like, here on the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/IRC