Elections, Accountability, and Education

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 13:51:07 UTC 2009

Matt Domsch (matt at domsch.com) said:
> > At what point is the cost too high? My own measure is the amount of time
> > to create the minutes exceeds the length of the meeting.
>
> This is my concern.  While I enjoy the IRC meetings, we cover fewer
> topics, in less detail, than we do in concalls.  Summarizing concalls
> is hard work; summarizing with even more detail - ugg.  John has done
> an admirable job at this, kudos to him.

I'd agree - I admire the transparency of IRC meetings, however, the
bandwidth of them is problematic. The fact that the FESCo meeting is
now two hours every week is somewhat frustrating, but it needs to be
that long just to get through the agenda over IRC.

I think we can do a bit better to try and document where we have
contrasting views - our move to attempt to do some summarization via
gobby may help with that. But as stated before, oftentimes there isn't
any information to put about votes, just because there aren't any
votes.

Bill