Yet another website? (Re: [Ambassadors] belux ambassadors meeting log 15th April 2009)

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Fri May 8 18:30:46 UTC 2009

Am Freitag, den 08.05.2009, 13:13 -0500 schrieb Mike McGrath:
> On Fri, 8 May 2009, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > > Refer to:
> > >   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_license_agreement
> >
> > Is this all you have to say about it? If so, you are proving what I
> > wrote previously: "Things like these are hard to understand. There might
> > be good reasons, but IMO the board does a bad job ATM in communicating
> > their views to the outside world."
> >

> I can't speak for the board but I'm pretty sure you're confusing legal
> constraints with the boards view.

Probably, but the problem is that the board does not outline it's view
but only hands out a contract to sign.

> > You cannot expect someone to sign a
> > contract if he doesn't even understand it's content.
> >

> I'd strongly recommend if you find anything you don't understand to
> discuss it with your lawyer.

So, a valuable community member (no, not me) who already spends a lot of
time and money on Fedora even needs to pay for a lawyer? Even the lawyer
will advise you not to sign anything but to get a certified translation
first. People are waiting for that translation for months now.

> // just my two cents on the matter.
>
> 	-Mike

Thanks a lot Mike. I'd like to hear more opinions.

Regards,
Christoph