Proposal for ML conduct

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri May 15 15:20:07 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-15 at 08:56 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Dictating something from the top without bothering to ask those that are
> effected by the decision(¹) imho isn't either.
>
> CU
> knurd
>
> (¹) e.g. ask on fedora-devel-list for options before making the rules
> official, as not everyone is on this list. And yes, I'm well aware that
> doing that might yet again create a bumpy discussion, but in the end you
> can at least say "okay, you wanted it like this" and "we gave you the
> chance to come up with something better" ;-) Especially the latter is
> something really important.

Nearly, if not, all members of the board are also subscribers to the
list.  I think we're uniquely suited to gather opinions amongst our
selves (as well as the community via f-a-b and the meeting minutes)
about how we'd like to see the issue resolved.  Remember, the board is
made of many volunteers as well.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!