Proposal for ML conduct

Francesco Ugolini francesco at ephisia.org
Sun May 17 09:27:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:46 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> The proposal:
>
> To resolve this, the Board appoints one or more Board members or other
> Board-approved volunteers to monitor Fedora Project mailing lists.
> The Board will warn violators of our "Be excellent to each other"
> policy in the form of a one-day list moderation (with notice to the
> poster).  Messages not allowed through will be returned to the poster
> with explanation as to why they were not allowed.  If after one day of
> moderation, the violation continues, the case will be brought to the
> Board for further action, which could include permanent moderation,
> complete removal from the project, or other remedies.
>
>  Being excellent to each other == No personal attacks, profanity
>  directed at people or groups, serious threats of violence, or other
>  things seen by the monitor as to be purposefully disrespectful.

I like the idea, and I think it can be considered a good starting
point to solve this big (at least from my POV) problem.

Maybe instead of Board members (that, like someone suggested could
take their time), it could be useful let Board nominating someone
else, out the board, to do this.

Meanwhile I think this isn't censorship: one of the best tools we have
to communicate are out M-Ls, and the only way to keep them working is
to control way: at the end people will be free to talk about fedora
and everything connected.

Regards

Francesco Ugolini