Proposal for ML conduct

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun May 17 23:12:35 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 17, 2009 at 08:17:24AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 11:27 +0200, Francesco Ugolini wrote:
> >
> > Maybe instead of Board members (that, like someone suggested could
> > take their time), it could be useful let Board nominating someone
> > else, out the board, to do this.
> >

> We started with a board member mostly because nearly all the board
> members are also subscribers to the fedora-devel-list in question, and
> many others, making it easy to casually monitor the list as a party of
> the daily reading anyway.
>
> We did however leave room for other non-board volunteers.

Also -- and I think this may have been pointed out before --
fedora-devel-list is not the only list where we'd like to encourage
more civil or even positive interactions.  Our proposal wasn't so
specific that a reasonable individual would think other lists are
meant to be a free-for-all, but just for the sake of posterity I
wanted to point it out.