Proposal for ML conduct

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon May 18 15:17:17 UTC 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Terse is not the same as rude, I agree, and we're not trying to
> moderate terseness.  However, if you're going to be copy/pasting an
> answer like that, why not just make the form-response slightly less
> terse to keep it more friendly?  (Or save it for the link's landing
> page.)  Unless the "form-response" you're referring to is manually
> typing the same thing out of personal habit, in which case I'd say
> it's not very efficient.

For example. An email I've sent often contains entirely the below:

"""
examples here: http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/YumCodeSnippets
-sv
"""

I don't think the above is rude, at all, it is often in response to an
extremely vague/general question about programming with the yum
python modules.

I think the moderation should not try to judge "friendliness" but only to
determine if the message is hostile and abusive.

If only b/c of how many non-native english speakers we have who, I've
found, sometime do not understand the tone certain word choices connote.

-sv