F12 Naming: Cambridge -> Leonidas -> <New Name>?

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon May 18 17:05:06 UTC 2009

On 05/18/2009 12:56 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> For instance, I see a great name, "Hippocoon," on the list already,
> which has no other significance I can find beyond its connection with
> F11 (also a Spartan king).

Aww, come on. Hippocoon is a combination of two animals, a Hippopotamus
and a Raccoon. (I would hate to have been there for that courtship.) We
can go from there to the:

Liger (or Tigon): Lion/Tiger
Zorse (or Zony or Zonkey): Zebra/Horse/Pony/Donkey (they're called Zebroids)
Cama: Camel/Llama
Grolar (or Pizzly): Grizzly Bear/Polar Bear
Leopon: Leopard/Lion
Wolphin: Bottlenose Dolphin/False Killer Whale

~spot