Proposal for ML conduct

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon May 18 23:01:50 UTC 2009

On 05/18/2009 06:23 AM, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
> Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> On 05/15/2009 09:52 AM, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote:
>>
>> If the free speech pie is made with good ingredients, everyone will
>> want it. If the free speech pie is made with rusty nails, cyanide,
>> motor oil and battery acid, I'm sure as hell not going to eat it.
>>

> So all you want is the good and not the bad?

For the Fedora community?  I absolutely want what's good for the Fedora
community, not what's bad for the Fedora community.  However, because
something is not considered good for a person or group, it does not
prevent you the freedom of enjoying it on your own time.  I dislike
asparagus and will always refuse to eat it.  But you are free to eat
asparagus if you like.

Don't forget that this is a community, not your personal space.  Common
courtesy and sense should be displayed when dealing with others, else
you will be asked to leave.

For example:

* Don't bring a keg of beer to a wine tasting.

* Don't bring veal to a PETA event.

* Don't bring filet mignon to a vegetarian event.

* Don't bring ham to a bar mitzvah.

* Don't protest by blocking traffic in front of city hall during rush hour.

* Don't bring vitriolic comments to the Fedora community.