Be excellent - answer questions

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue May 19 20:14:30 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2009, 12:08 -0400 schrieb Paul W. Frields:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 04:37:35PM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> > Am Dienstag, den 19.05.2009, 10:26 -0400 schrieb Ricky Zhou:
> > > Since this is a Fedora-controlled domain, subdomains can certainly be
> > > removed if anything inappropriate is going on on them.  It's probably
> > > fine to discuss these things on a case-by-case basis for now, since
> > > problems will hopefully be very rare :-)
> >
> > I hope so too, but we need to be prepared for a worst case. Of course
> > infrastructure can remove the subdomain but there needs to be a policy
> > for that and not only a technical solution.
>
> The Fedora Project Board is the natural landing place for issues
> concerning the trademark and logo usage guidelines, [snipped]

OK, the board decides. Understood.

> FUD -- if it was intentional and designed to hurt the Fedora Project
> -- would fall under the trademark guidelines' non-disparagement
> clause, I believe.

Where is this non-disagreement clause? I can't find anything at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/TrademarkGuidelines
Following this discussion I was under the impression that paragraph
5.1 "Noncommercial and community web sites" was all that a site at
fc.org would have to follow. Did I oversee something?

> What other sorts of problems do you envision would
> arise about which we should be concerned?

Substantial disagreements. What if a community and the board can't find
consensus?
Or using flags for example, because this topic has just been raised.
Would the Taiwanese community be allowed to use their country's flag?

Regards,
Christoph