Succession planning change proposal

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri May 29 20:47:03 UTC 2009

I have two proosals to make for our succession planning documents[1]:

First, I'm happy to see that we have enough nominations for the Board and
FESCo elections to require ballots and voting.  However, if that
failed to occur in some future election cycle, we'd need to have the
situation covered.

The following proposal adds that coverage:

'''
INSUFFICIENT NOMINATIONS:  If there are fewer nominees for elected
Board seats than required to fill all seats, then the FPL will appoint
individuals to fill any empty seats for a full term.  At the expiry of
the term, the seats in question revert to elected seats.
'''

Second, I think we also need to fix a couple areas in the text that
refer to appointed seats as "Red Hat" seats which is a misnomer.
Appointed seats are filled by the FPL, and appointees need not be Red
Hat employees.

I've made the changes on the wiki and marked the page {{draft}} to
show its unapproved status.  The Board will discuss these changes if
needed, and vote on them at the next meeting (public IRC, June 4).  A
2/3 majority of the Board is required to institute these changes, as
reflected in the current document.

===
[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/SuccessionPlanning