Release naming

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Fri May 15 21:58:20 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 11:09:17PM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>Am Freitag, den 15.05.2009, 16:14 -0400 schrieb Paul W. Frields:

>> > I'll get something going on Monday.  Bill already reminded me of this.
>>
>> Josh and I exchanged some email this morning, and I've started this
>> wiki page:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_12
>
>How is one supposed to point out the link between the names in this
>table?
>
>Example: If I suggest "Diego" and add "is a soccer player", then most
>likely nobody will realize that Leonidas da Silva or Leonidas Kampantais
>also were soccer players.

Take a look at how most did it here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_11

just follow the examples that were approved there.  Also, I think we'll get
the implication simply from the 'is a' rule that what the link is also should
apply to the previous release.  Humans still do the checking here, so there is
some amount of intelligence that can be counted on :).

josh