"What is the Fedora Project?"

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 15:37:08 UTC 2009

Bill Nottingham said the following on 10/07/2009 08:00 AM Pacific Time:
> John Poelstra (poelstra at redhat.com) said:
>> 2) We really need to resolve this topic that has been on the board's
>> agenda since January 2009.  For some of us, since we joined in July
>> 2009.  I'm proposing that we set a hard deadline of "the end of
>> FUDCon."  This means that by the time we leave FUDCon the first part
>> of December 2009, this issue will be officially closed and off our
>> agenda until there is a reason to revisit it and we can start 2010
>> with a clean slate.  Are there any board members who would not be
>> able to commit to this goal?
>
> ... there is an election coming after F12 is released, turning
> over (potentially) 4 board members. We can still tackle this before
> then, of course.

Even better reason to close out this topic and also a great opportunity
for the voters to better understand the position of the candidates.

this topic significantly enough so that it can be dropped from the
agenda of future board meetings and if questions are raised we have
sufficient detail on the wiki to point people to.  And if from time to
time the wiki is not sufficient we make minor tweaks instead of having
restart the whole discussion and discuss for another six months.

John