"What is the Fedora Project?"

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Oct 8 19:17:46 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> On 10/08/2009 03:07 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > Seeks to create, improve, and spread free/libre code and content
>
> It's noteworthy that these are the Fedora community goals, not a
> requirement that all Fedora users must do these things in order to be
> valid users.
>
> Also, it does say "spread free/libre code and content", not "spread
> free/libre code and content, but only to people who already know what to
> do with it".

There's a reason you need a drivers license to drive a car.  Perhaps if
our 'new users' were better prepared they wouldn't have such a not 'great
experience with Fedora'

We can advance the whole Linux field faster if we're not so focused on
people that have expressed an interest in not using our software.  Let us
innovate, let the other distros polish and customize as they see fit.

	-Mike