"What is the Fedora Project?"

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Oct 8 20:49:06 UTC 2009

On 10/08/2009 03:07 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Striving to lead not follow.
>
> Seeks to create, improve, and spread free/libre code and content
>
> Succeed through shared action on the part of the community.
>
> All of that stuff, to me, sounds like things my wife has no interest in
> but stuff experienced users would be very interested in.

The mission isn't for your wife though, it's for Fedora. E.g., if our
mission is to spread free/libre code and content, an effective way of
doing that is to get it into as many new people's hands as possible.
With developers as a user base it could be argued that many have already
bought into FOSS so we're not spreading or gaining new ground there but
against other distros, which isn't spreading FOSS in general at all.

~m