Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 8 21:47:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Oct 2009, Christopher Aillon wrote:

> The Board has already acknowledged this when we made the desktop spin the
> default.  We cited pretty much every point you made; both proposals that were
> brought to the table (one by Spot and one by myself) explicitly mentioned all
> those points).

The discussion from today has shown that we believe the spins to be a way
of fitting anyone's needs into fedora. To allowing everyone to be involved
and get what they want out of fedora. I asked this  question about the
default spin being changed to xfce or kde to point out that if our spins
are equal among themselves - especially the desktop-oriented ones - then
we should choose a different default spin for a release to see how that
goes.

If, as you're saying, that the spins process is not about equals then why
do we keep pointing to it as a solution when someone wants to do something
else?

I don't think it can be both ways at the same time.

-sv