Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Oct 8 21:56:50 UTC 2009

Hi Seth!

On 10/08/2009 05:47 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> The discussion from today has shown that we believe the spins to be a
> way of fitting anyone's needs into fedora. To allowing everyone to be
> involved and get what they want out of fedora. I asked this question
> about the default spin being changed to xfce or kde to point out that if
> our spins are equal among themselves - especially the desktop-oriented
> ones - then we should choose a different default spin for a release to
> see how that goes.
>
> If, as you're saying, that the spins process is not about equals then
> why do we keep pointing to it as a solution when someone wants to do
> something else?
>
> I don't think it can be both ways at the same time.

Why do you think that? If I understand correctly you're saying the spins
must be equals for the spins community to effectively serve as a place
for folks to try new/different things? I don't follow the logic.

E.g., I kind of see the spins community as a way of giving folks the
freedom to innovate and try new/different things (maybe as a proving
ground at times) without disrupting the main/default spin.

~m