Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Mon Oct 12 17:23:29 UTC 2009

On Thursday 08 October 2009 01:33:35 pm Seth Vidal wrote:
> Apropos (in a tangential way) our discussion today. And as a result of
> some irc-discussions:
>
>   Since the board  defines which spin is the default spin then I suggest
> the board Make the kde or xfce spin the default spin for F14.

I would like to see us alternate between KDE and Gnome spins as the advertised
one.  i think that is fair to all. and recognoses the effort put in by both the
gnome team and the kde  SIG. or we could evaluate on a per release basis
depending on which spin per release pushes things the furtherest to advance
Fedoras foundations.

> It won't hurt users upgrading b/c they are just upgrading.
> And users reinstalling are reinstalling.
>
> It makes it clear that the spins process is serious and f'real and it will
> test how well our processes work.
>
> And if we have stunning success then the board re-evals the default spin
> again.
>
> thoughts?

I personally like the idea.

Dennis