Desktop Proposal

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 18:38:19 UTC 2009

Rex Dieter said the following on 10/12/2009 11:32 AM Pacific Time:
> On 10/12/2009 01:26 PM, Mike McGrath wrote:
>
>> Once it's in rawhide, it'll end up in F12 no matter what we do.
>
> Not necessarily.  Reversions can and do happen (packaging-wise, usually
> involves Epochs).

I've been told it is "possible", but often the hassle of unwinding
something that should not be there is there is deemed "too much work"
compared the the alternative of leaving it there.  We've been in this
situation a few times already for Fedora 12.

I realize the new rawhide proposal is supposed to fix this problem, but
until it is implemented and live I'm wary of portraying it as the
solution that will truly fix everything.  I don't think Fedora has had
anything like that yet in its history, nor would I expect it to.

John