"What is the Fedora Project?"

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Oct 14 19:31:26 UTC 2009

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 14:30:41 -0400,
  Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> FWIW, I also think that "updates-testing", as it is today, does not work
> for Fedora. In all of my packages, I am lucky if I can convince even one
> individual to provide karma on an update, and I have never managed more
> than that, even when I know there are tens/hundreds of users aware of
> the bug (and waiting for the update to fix it). A few ideas on how to
> fix it:

When I am not on rawhide I use updates-testing, but I don't go looking at
updates-testing packages specifically. If I notice something broken then
I am likely to note the problem somewhere (bodhi or bugzilla). So typically
I will only give negative feedback.

For cases where I have bugs open I am more likely to be pulling stuff out
of koji rather than waiting to get it through updates-testing. Even when
using rawhide I'll get stuff from koji, if there is a freeze or if I don't
want to wait a day for the update to make it to a mirror.