"What is the Fedora Project?"

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 15:19:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-15 at 10:40 -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
> And this is the crux of our problem:
>
> fedora is for latest leading-edge pkgs. It's not easy or reasonable to
> have the latest of things AND have a stable interface for them.
>
> So if latest software is fedora's raison d'etre then it sure seems like
> fedora is just not for you.
>
> how else do we set reasonable expectations?

I think more to the crux, we're leading-edge in rawhide, but then that
leading-edge flows right into our "stable" releases, as in the stable
releases continue to be 'leading-edge' and change things on users.

If we adopted more of a stance of leading edge on rawhide, stability in
our releases, I think we'd have less grumpy users.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!