Desktop Proposal

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 15:31:56 UTC 2009

Toshio Kuratomi (a.badger at gmail.com) said:
> Yes :-)
>
> Or perhaps more informatively, in the beginning, the OS was probably the
> sole reason for the existence of the Fedora Project.  But as time has gone
> on we've gotten bigger and things have started to change.  The OS is what a
> significant number of contributors want to work on.  But there's people
> working on numerous other things under the Fedora Umbrella now too.  CSI is
> something you're working on, mirrormanager is something mdomsch is working
> on, fedora-classroom is something that nirik is working on, the latam
> ambassadors are interested in working on a moodle instance....  Lot's of
> code and content is being worked on that's only indirectly related to the
> putting together of the OS.

Yes, but....

If Fedora-the-OS doesn't exist, how many of these do? mirrormanager may,
or may not. (As of now, I suppose you could classify it as an upstream
project hosted at FH that we use.) Fedora classroom? Probably wouldn't
exist. And generally, the ambassadors would not be ambassadoring without
the OS.

Bill