"What is the Fedora Project?"

Seth Vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 15 18:57:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:

> You know what this discussion says to me more than anything else:
>
> Lots of people claim to want fedora, but what they really  want is centos.
>
> Not rhel.
>
> centos.
>
> why, you ask?
>
> b/c they want something that a lot of people spent a lot of time making
> stable and they want it  secure and updated.
>
> and they want it all for free.

To be clear. I know centos cannot happen w/o rhel and rhel doesn't
happen very easily w/o something like fedora.

sure feels like fedora has our niche in the ecosystem - and some folks
want us to move out of our biohabitat. Ask the frogs being forced further
up the mountains in costa rica by climate change what hapens there...

-sv