About long self-definition discussions

Fri Oct 16 22:33:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Jon Stanley <jonstanley at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm of much the same opinion, however, the discussions about direction
> always proceed at a glacial pace in the media that we normally use
> (email, IRC).  I would like something like a phone call where you have
> much higher bandwidth that could be open and transparent.

The benefit of an email/forum/blog based discussion, in spite of the
tendency to spin out of direction, is that it allows those who cannot
make it to the "exclusive" events to be involved and, perhaps end up
providing constructive ideas. Specific to the "What is Fedora" thread,
an open-ended introspection would actually lead to that mail deluge ;)

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>

Sent from Pune, MH, India