"What is the Fedora Project?"

Jud Craft craftjml at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 19:00:20 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:
> Lots of people claim to want fedora, but what they really want is centos.
>
> why, you ask?
>
> b/c they want something that a lot of people spent a lot of time making
> stable and they want it  secure and updated.

I think you've set up a false dilemma here.  I can either choose
between Fedora, or between something "stable, secure and updated"?

I was always under the impression that Fedora was stable and secure,
but featured the latest software, rather than a "frozen-in-time for
enterprise" software suite.

"Stable and secure and updated" are NOT exclusive qualities to CentOS.
 If Fedora isn't at least trying to aim for those, then the "latest
and greatest in open source software" isn't worth it.