Target audience

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Oct 26 22:34:06 UTC 2009

On 10/26/2009 09:37 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Finally, the Board talked about the proposal for "unfrozen
> Rawhide,"[4] which Jesse Keating offered at a Fedora event this
> summer.  Just like many of our contributors, we've felt the pain of
> having an uninstallable Rawhide, which negatively affects everyone's
> ability to more efficiently deliver new code and features.  In
> essence, Rawhide has been too often "eating babies" indiscriminately,
> and we need to improve its contribution to our develoment ecosystem.
> The Board feels that Jesse's proposal not only has the potential to
> help us achieve a more installable Rawhide, but if it's managed
> correctly we could have a Rawhide that more of our core contributors
> could actually use during and prior to test phases -- while not
> undoing our ability to allow and encourage innovation and new ideas.

I'm thinking of this while we're talking about target audiences and
their experiences... Where was it again I had heard an argument for
improved consumer experience before?

And so, because I've had this kind of conversation with the board
before, not because I actually care about the answer on any of those
questions;

- How many extra builds do we anticipate for unfrozen rawhide vs.
rolling or pending release?

- How many extra resources in terms of storage, man-hours and ...

well. you know. you've been there. up and until you get to the point
with the million dollar question...

And, FWIW, I think Jesse has a *great* proposal right there. When I say
*great* I mean to say "Do it, get it done, before f13 -no pun intended,
please! Need help?"

-- Jeroen