Fedora Board Recap 2009-10-22 UTC 1600

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 29 20:02:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 12:30 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> I realize we missed our original goal of Fedora 12.  As Fedora 13 is our
> new goal I was suggesting milestones (check in points) to make sure we
> stay on track and finish on time... like we've done with the more
> detailed schedules for each of the Fedora teams.
>
> Why not identify the work that needs to be done *before* FUDCon and then
> use FUDCon to write the code and make it happen?  There are at least 2.5
> weeks between GA and FUDCon.  I'll volunteer to help lead planning the
> meetings.
>
> I'm just wondering if we'd get more "bang for our buck" if we used the
> live event to *do* the actual implementation instead of using it to talk
> about options, brainstorm, etc., a lot of which I thought happened at
> the FAD that created the original proposal.
>
> By planning ahead for the Fedora Talk FAD last week I'd estimate we
> accomplished twice or three times as much as we would have otherwise.
> We made a lot of progress on the implementation because everyone was
> there and could talk about it in real time as they did the work and
> encountered problems. All without the interruptions of every day work/life.

Because right now, I and the other people critical to to making this
happen are all very busy trying to get F12 to happen on time.  If there
is enough time between the release of F12 and FUDCon, I'd be more than
happy to pre-plan as much as possible.  I cannot commit to having that
planning done in time though.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!