"What is the Fedora Project?"

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Oct 8 16:29:03 UTC 2009

Having read through the rest of the discussion and trolled though the
wiki a bit, I think that the Fedora Project has an excellent statement
of it's values[1] in the four foundations - it has an excellent
mission statement[2].  What it's really lacking is a vision statement.
 Having a target audience for the Fedora Distribution will certainly
be useful, but it's not much of a vision.  If we let that be the
vision of the Fedora Project we'll be following, not leading.  I've
been working on what I think might be a good vision statement, but I
haven't quite got the right wording yet.

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Foundations
[2] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Overview#Our_Mission

--
Jeff Ollie