Fedora 14 (two releases away folks) Feature proposal

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Oct 9 18:12:42 UTC 2009

Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 09, 2009 at 01:10:58PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:
>>> This is probably naive of me, but besides changing the link on the
>>> get-fedora page to KDE or XFCE... What else would there be?
>> I guess making kde or xfce be the desktop install selected by default
>> with anaconda in comps/installclasses.
>>
>> But that's about it. This why I figured this wasn't a terribly
>> code-invasive change.
>
> Would this impact our documentation at all?  Howtos and install guides that
> are currently based on the default Desktop spin?

Yes, docs is one area I had in mind that would need some love
(clarifications mostly).

Oh well, other areas requiring work off the top of my head include:
* improving comps, to remove assumptions about DE defaults (this will
lend well to helping address Máirín's "menu" problem).
* improving collaboration/integration of our fedora "First" technologies
(highlighted elsewhere in this thread).

-- Rex