Desktop Proposal

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Oct 12 23:08:57 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating said the following on 10/12/2009 03:45 PM Pacific Time:
> On Mon, 2009-10-12 at 17:28 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
>> So lets leave the other missions in place, as suggested in the paper, and
>> just add one?  Is there anyone else on the list that thinks trying to
>> build a usable, general purpose desktop is not worth being a mission of
>> the Fedora Project?
>>

> Let me ask it a different way.  What do we accomplish by narrowing down
> the entire project's focus in an exclusionary way to a single product?

Why do the words "exclude" and "exclusionary" keep getting added to this
discussion?  Where is this language used in any of the proposals that
have been brought forth so far?

Just because we want to "focus" on a certain aspect does not mean we are
explicitly or implicitly "excluding" or "disallowing" all the others.

John