"What is the Fedora Project?"

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 15:29:36 UTC 2009

inode0 (inode0 at gmail.com) said:
> But I've been running Fedora as my primary desktop from F7 on and it
> has been plenty stable for me to do my work. So I think Jeff is right,
> it would be really nice to know more about the work they are doing
> that exposes this "instability."

So, I have a user I support that has been running Fedora as a desktop
for many years now. I went for a couple of years without hearing any
complaints aside from an OO.o bug. However, on upgrading to F-11 (from
F-9), I hear about:

- graphics artifacts on unblanking the display
- constant wireless dropouts
- odd behaviors in firefox

This may be constrained to F-11 being not one of our better releases,
but it's still not good if it's a trend.

Bill