"What is the Fedora Project?"

Máirín Duffy mairin at linuxgrrl.com
Thu Oct 15 20:03:55 UTC 2009

On 10/15/2009 02:51 PM, Seth Vidal wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Máirín Duffy wrote:
>> Sure, and I think you guys have done a good job advocating for that.
>
> No one said we were advocating for it. And I think that's been a source
> of misunderstanding. I'm saying, given what our STATED goals are this is
> what results.
> If we want to change our goals then we should do that.

Oh, okie, sorry for the misunderstanding!

> You know what this discussion says to me more than anything else:
>
> Lots of people claim to want fedora, but what they really want is centos.

I thought about this seriously. I tried to imagine myself using CentOS.
I don't think it would work for me. I know it seems like I'm asking for
a tall order, both stability and the latest technology. But I'm not
asking for complete stability. I'm asking for just-enough stability.

Fedora release today:

stability          [=====_______________] orange
latest technology  [====================] green

CentOS (my perception):

stability          [=================___] green-yellow
latest technology  [=======_____________] yellow

What I want:

stability          [==========__________] yellow
latest technology  [================____] green-yellow

Should I be less stubborn about using Fedora? Am I making a mess of this
thread? :(

~m