About long self-definition discussions

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Oct 16 04:45:31 UTC 2009

On 10/16/2009 02:47 AM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> I beieve the long threads about what is Fedora are extremely valuable.
> But I also believe that we online/email is not the best place to have
> them.
>
> We have these excellent events called FUDCons and FADs. I believe the
> Board/RH should take a bold decision and sponsor the travel of a few
> key people to participate in the nearest event, and have a 4-hour
> workshop about our direction. Specifically, the Board should be there,
> as well as past Board members, key people in the community (eg. very
> active FESCo members etc), and anyone else wanting to participate in
> this discussion.
>
> Clearly, online talk isn't really leading anywhere. Or it leads
> somewhere in a very painful and slow way.

That's ok. I don't want to have some people in a conference that
majority of contributors cannot attend or participate make such a
crucial decision sitting in a room.  They can come with a proposal or
multiple proposals but the decisions should be made in a mailing list
where everyone else can pitch in their ideas too.

Rahul