Trademark license agreement status

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:32:30 UTC 2009

few months, and some great input gathered here in the last few weeks,
the trademark license agreement has been updated.  The current text
continues to be available on the wiki:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Trademark_license_agreement

I'm interested to hear how the changes made to address our most recent
conversations translate to people's satisfaction with the current
licensing terms.  We can continue this discussion transparently here
on the list, where all community members can benefit.  However, anyone
with a special situation is always welcome to email me to discuss it,
and I look forward to hearing from you in either venue.

As I hope everyone has seen, our legal counsel is excited at the
opportunity to do what I get to do every day.  In this case, that's
working with the community, to create a trademark licensing process
that mutually respects all the participants and effectively protects
and promotes the Fedora brand.  Once everyone's generally satisfied
with terms, I look forward to working with each of you to establish a
license that helps you continue doing a great job of promoting Fedora
to the wider community.