distro summit at lca

Nigel Jones nigjones at redhat.com
Mon Sep 14 21:54:02 UTC 2009

----- "Mike McGrath" <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:

> > > Dave A, Nigel Jones, and Ben come to mind.
> >
> > Seems to me like we should try to make sure that our best Fedora
> people who
> > are already in Australia or New Zealand should be the ones who lead
> Fedora's
> > representation at the event.
> >
> > So to the three of you listed above -- what are your thoughts?
> >

> Nigel is a good bloke[1].
>
> 	-Mike
>
> [1] If they don't say bloke there then s/bloke/mate/ with my
> apologies.
Thanks Mike for the endorsement, as I'm a kiwi, 'bloke' is fine... now if I was an aussie... it'd be mate... mate. :)

Personally I'd love to go and represent Fedora if I have the chance to.  I also think that Fedora missing this event would be quite bad (I say that because I'm sure the other distros will be there).

Now let me explain why:
* Wellington (Where LCA2010 is this year) is the NZ Capital City, so there are lot of Govt type folks who I think are always interested in things that are free these days - I'm assuming that a few of them are going to make their way to check out LCA.
* Wellington also has quite a strong open source community, so showing off Fedora to these people can do nothing but help Fedora.

- Nigel