spins.fpo mockups complete
duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Sep 18 17:54:01 UTC 2009
I just finished the set of mockups for spins.fpo. The original deadline
was today so yay for making deadlines. :)
They are available here:
- I did a KDE-specific banner graphic for the KDE pages. I can do the
same for other desktop environment spins that have distinctive upstream
logo marks. There is a generic solid banner design presented in the
mockups as well to serve as the banner for the non-DE spins.
- The text in the home and about screens for the KDE spin details is
pretty much filler text. I am hoping that individual spin maintainers
can help develop this content when the site is built.
- I am not 100% which spins are going to be available for F12. Some of
the ones in the mockup don't exist yet (e.g. Art Studio). Is a
definitive list available anywhere right now?
- It appears that previous version of spins are not available for all
spins except for KDE and Desktop. In some cases, I've found F10 ISOs for
selected spins (I believe FEL and one other). The previous KDE spins in
particular appear to be split between archive.fpo and the redhat.com
mirror, although only f7, f8, f10, and f11 were available - f9 nowhere
to be found. This is a bit of a strange state of affairs so I'm
wondering if it's just better to not mention archived versions at all.
- the Spins Community page is going to rely on content that for the most
part has not yet been developed. There *is* actually an interview with
Chitlesh on the Fedora wiki but I'm not aware of any other content
available that we could use. We may need to hold on this area of the
site until content is developed.
- The 'featured spin' widget in the right sidebar will need some kind of
script to run it; it's intended to rotate through the spins.
- Spin-specific documentation seems scattered, and it's confusing to
find content on using spins vs. creating them. It's also hard because
sometimes they are referred to as live media, live cds, spins, or
remixes. I poured through any documents I could find using those terms
and tried to merge them into one spin-users guide for the spin support
- The about spins page content may be full of crack rock. Actually,
pretty much all of the content is going to need a thorough review. :-/
Lemme know what you think!
More information about the fedora-advisory-board