spins.fpo mockups complete

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Sep 21 07:48:08 UTC 2009

On Friday 18 September 2009 19:54:01 Máirín Duffy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just finished the set of mockups for spins.fpo. The original deadline
> was today so yay for making deadlines. :)

Ah, deadlines ;-) I'm happy that one missed deadline != one dead developer!

> They are available here:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Website_redesign_2009/Mockups/Spins.fpo

Looks nice!

How does get.fpo look now? How does it follow new spins mockup and sitemap -
other downloads etc? I can find only old mockup and I can't imagine connection.

> Some caveats:
>
> - I did a KDE-specific banner graphic for the KDE pages. I can do the
> same for other desktop environment spins that have distinctive upstream
> logo marks. There is a generic solid banner design presented in the
> mockups as well to serve as the banner for the non-DE spins.
>
> - The text in the home and about screens for the KDE spin details is
> pretty much filler text. I am hoping that individual spin maintainers
> can help develop this content when the site is built.

Of course, np. Is it possible to add another custom tabs (next to support,
could be distinguished by slight different color etc.)?

Blog aggregator with spin tags would be nice.

> - I am not 100% which spins are going to be available for F12. Some of
> the ones in the mockup don't exist yet (e.g. Art Studio). Is a
> definitive list available anywhere right now?
>
> - It appears that previous version of spins are not available for all
> spins except for KDE and Desktop. In some cases, I've found F10 ISOs for
> selected spins (I believe FEL and one other). The previous KDE spins in
> particular appear to be split between archive.fpo and the redhat.com
> mirror, although only f7, f8, f10, and f11 were available - f9 nowhere
> to be found. This is a bit of a strange state of affairs so I'm
> wondering if it's just better to not mention archived versions at all.

I'm not sure it's worth to show EOLed releases as there's now support for
them. If someone really wants to download not supported releases for some
reason, he probably would know where to look.