[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Fundraising for Fedora -- research local regulations

Rajesh Ranjan rajesh672 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 05:38:52 UTC 2005

Hi All,

2005/12/2, Alex Maier <lxmaier at gmail.com>:
> Gang,
>
> If we want to rais money, we will have to know what the laws are in
> each country for this.
>
> There were opinions that having a non-profit founded in the country
> where you want to raise funds might be helpful. It is a big
> administrative overhead to have a non-profit registered and run
> properly, but if your local law will make it our only option, we will
> consider this too.

Certainly it will be helpful to form a non profit organisation / non
governmental organisation( popularly known as NGO in India) to raise
funds.

There are laws at centarl level as well as at state level. We can form
a soceity/assaociation/organaisation at Central level that can work
for entire country also.

http://www.helplinelaw.com/docs/main.php3?id=SORA1

State level act is also similar to central one. eg for Andhra Pradesh
state of India visit..

http://www.ap.gov.in/card/soci_act.htm
Regards,
Rajesh Ranjan