[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Meeting Minutes - Dec 15, 2005

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 19:15:30 UTC 2005

My comments inline.

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Gerold Kassube wrote:

> imho Fedora MUST BE PRESENTED at this event; because it's the biggest
> one in Europe.  Which is bringing Linux out to the world (and potential
> users) ...

I agree.  We must have a good representation at LinuxTag -- especially
since we were there last year.  We *cannot* pull a SuSE, in which they
were strong at LinuxTag in 2004, then completely absent in 2005.

> But also imho we need to have a very good presentation of Fedora, an
> excellent booth (maybe our own one?! I don't know) and what's also in my
> mind a large amount of LiveCD's ...
>
> Maybe we need a team which creates an official LiveCD (same and similar
> like Knoppix) which is in my opinion like a standard of LiveCD. I belive
> this point is very important to get Fedora to the user and helps us to
> get new users, volunteers and friends :-)

I'd love to see this happen, but there's much work to do for the Fedora
Live CD project, and the previous maintainer or Kadischi, Darko Ilic, has
no time for the project.

Gerold, if you or your friends can step up to the Kadischi codebase... :)

--g

                     ] [ dumb.  --mcluhan