[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Online Shopping With Fedora Stuff

Tejas Dinkar tejasdinkar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:36:11 UTC 2005

Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

>Mauricio Pretto - LM² wrote:
>

>>     I think we can talk with them and make part of this money be
>>donnated to fedora project dont you think ?
>>
>>     - http://www.linuxmall.com.br/index.php?category=canetas
>>     - http://www.linuxmall.com.br/index.php?category=camisetas
>>     - http://www.linuxmall.com.br/index.php?category=camisas
>>

>For example,
>www.gtcdrom.com retails Fedora Core at around 1250 INR - so are they
>authorised (is that the correct word) to do so ?
>
>Rgds
>SM

I think that the problem is that Use of the Fedora Logo needs to be
'authorised'. Of Course, people are allowed to sell `Fedora Core` for as
much as they want (as long as they do not violate GPL).

But how much money are we really going to get out of them?

And do we really want this sort of Publicity for Fedora?

And How Far do we really want to go?
--> Ask them nicely for $$$
--> Threaten them with court
--> Actually Take them to court?