[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Argentina and its culture

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 12:08:40 UTC 2005

> Hey people...

hello Juan.

> I'm gonna talk about Argentina and its culture about Free and Commercial
> software.
>
> There are some people that have prejudice about free software. These people
> rather than buying the Commercial one, buy a pirate version of it.

buy ? they just cracked those commercial products !

> So, what's the deal with them?  You can be shutted down if you get caught
> using illegal versions of Commercial software. That's why I'm a person that
> rely on something that people worked on and know that free software can be
> even more stable than Commercial one.

more stable, more advanced and more secure.

> Perhaps, the people down here expect too much or not but they think that
> having Commercial software legally or not (this is tricky, lol).

Ill just like buying or using Nik* T-shirts

> Anyway... I'm very happy with FC4 and I'll try FC5 when the final release
> come out. Of course, it's a superb OS. I'm advising to people to download
> the ISOs or I'm delivering CDs to a small group of friends and stuff.

same

> And, of course, I'm trying to change the people that says free software is
> bad and you can't rely on. I already told them that free doesn't mean bad.
>
> Well... You can't change people but I'm trying. :)

Same here. Keep trying and we will succeed :)

You can't change people. But you can change their mind and their way
of thinking with corrected formulated words/sentences and proved facts
:)

> I'm gonna write more often, I promise. ;)

We'll hear from you.

Chitlesh GOORAH
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com