[Fedora-ambassadors-list] RedHat v/s Fedora Events

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 9 14:45:36 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-09 at 14:59 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> I've been with the Project for a long time now.
> I know the Fedora Project, which explains my commitment to it.
>
> But here I'm talking about the Fedora Ambassador Project.
> The Newcomers to the Ambassador Project, (right now we are 110) who
> need to be guided/informed for a while.
>
> They are the ones who need to be informed.

We can facilitate it and we already do that but ambassadors should be
educating themselves about the project.

> The Fedora Project has grown since, got a new logo which reflects
> certain qualities about the Fedora Project.
>
> That is why Im asking, let's keep this standard., at least for the
> Fedora Ambassador Project.
>
> We shouldn't assume that everyone reads those News. We have to at
> least from time to time remind ambassadors about certain sources.

I dont assume everyone reads these news but if anyone is interested in
the project enough to be an ambassadors, I would definitely expect them
to keep themselves informed on the major changes. If you want to help
others in this regard, you can summarize and post useful information on
a weekly basis to this list. It can even been included in the weekly
reports (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/WeeklyReports/Archive)
or fedoranews.org and other places.

> Every Ambassador got their Fedora Business cards, email alias etc...
> It's good but if Ambassadors are not privileged with extra
> information, are these worth ?

Sure they are. Everybody gets the same information. Whatever is useful
information for the ambassadors would be useful to everybody that is
interested in the project. You dont have to be an ambassadors to learn
and understand the project and that in my opinion is the way it should
be. Feel free to ask questions if required to clarify anything that is
not clear to you.

Rahul