[Fedora-ambassadors-list] Are we in a state of Chaos?

Alex Maier lxmaier at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 19:40:06 UTC 2006

Okay folks, easy here.

On 4/21/06, Tejas Dinkar <tejasdinkar at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 19:55 +0100, Clair wrote:
>
> > Ambassadors is (now) for events and lugs, and such. What's the harm in talking
> > about other material during the meetings?

This is what Clair defines the project to be. This is NOT what the
Fedora Ambassadors Steering Committee defined the project to be.

The official mission statement for the Ambassadors group is: "Fedora
Ambassadors are people like you and me, who go to places where other
Linux users and potential converts gather and tell them about
Fedora—the project and the distribution."

Our aims are:

    *      Represent Fedora Project to the wider public
    *      Help spread the word about Fedora, Linux, and Open Source
    *      Be a point of contact for local community members and
channel the feedback to Fedora Project
    *      Help recruit project contributors
    *      Think of creative ways for promoting Fedora in your region

Any activity that does not contradict the mission statement and the
declared aims can be part of the Ambassadors project.

Nobody on the Steering Committee is policing what
initiatives/activities should or should not be part of the Ambassadors
project, as long as they are not contrary to our Aims and our Mission.

This is not chaos. This is Freedom.

Ambassadors are free to spread the word about Fedora in any way they
want, as long as it's legal, of course, and does not harm the image of
Fedora. Limiting ourselves to only certain type of activity, but not
others, will only harm us in the long run.

I hope this answers your questions.