[Fedora-ambassadors-list] DemoFest Cincinnati LUG

Pat McKelvey pmckelvey at zoomtown.com
Sat Apr 29 16:26:51 UTC 2006

Well, We are working to get together the First Annual Demofest for Linux
  for Cincinnati, Ohio.  We are trying to make contact with any other
LUGs in our area to join in the fun.  It is looking like September 23,
though nothing is firm yet.  It is hard to guess how many will come as
we have not done this before.

I have looked on the Ambassador Wiki for ideas and found some.  Does
anyone have other ideas for getting groups / companies to come and join
in this one day event?  Once we have a venue, I thought I might try
putting out an email to all the companies that I can find that use Linux
in this area and invite them to demo their software.  They can also use
this as a potential chance to recruit Linux people, if they need any.

Is it proper to put up a collection box for covering costs?  No tickets
just limiting the number inside to the Fire Department limit.  I expect
that it will be located in a public library basement meeting area which
will hold about 200 people.  That would require the free aspect of the
DemoFest.

I am trying to get a local branch of Barnes & Nobel to set up a Linux
book store for the event.  Sort of iffy at the moment.

Any suggestions are welcome.  I won't promise I will follow them.  I may
not be able to.

Pat

--
Fedora Ambassador to the Midwest USA
Patrick C. McKelvey PE
pmckelve at fedoraproject.org
GnuPG - DSA - 9b7e48b3 at pgp.mit.edu
19DC C758 DB34 4AE0 98EE 99E4 A983 6CCE 9B7E 48B3