on/off ambassador status (was Re: [Ambassadors] Meeting minutes of the FAD)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 8 17:45:57 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On 12/8/06, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> You are misreading what is written in the wiki. Ambassadors are
>> volunteers and the conduct is a general set of guidelines. There is
>> nothing in the guidelines which can ever prevent anyone from playing the
>> role of a ambassadors as and when they want.
>>

> " You are Fedora. As an ambassador, you don't just represent yourself,
> you represent the Fedora Project. When people think of you, they will
> think of the Fedora Project. "
>
> For someone who is working for another project, it's not appropriate
> for their professional image right ?

That depends on whether they consider their role as a ambassadors as
conflicting with whatever project they are working on. They might have
to reconsider being a ambassador in that case. While playing the role of
a ambassador, we would all agree that they need to set aside just their
personal biases on behalf of the project. What they do outside of the
project at home or work is not something we would need to bothered about.

Rahul